Wednesday, January 9, 2013

UNBELIEVABLE.......................................... ON IT'S WAY TO FABULOUS!

Once I had a really pretty guest room.
When mom came to live with us last January,
I had to take everything out of what is now
known as "MOM'S ROOM", box it up and move
it into my fabulous guest room.
That took it straight to unbelievable.
The double bed was mom's at River Point,
the care center where she lived from July through October.
The guest room originally had twin beds in it
with custom bedspreads that coordinated with
the custom window treatments.
The twin beds were out and donated
and mom's double bed moved in.
 Thank God for good friends.
Phyllis is not only a good friend,
she can sew like a whirlwind.
When she heard that I didn't want to sell
my bedspreads for a huge loss, 
but had no idea what to do about it,
she said she'd make them fit the double bed.
 Oh, my gosh! Of course she could do that!
She can sew anything. So she comes to the house
with her sewing machine and rotary cutter and starts
measuring, cutting and sewing.
 She had a lot of fabric to work with to make it
fit a double bed. I had no worries. 
She seriously is an amazing seamstress.
 The new bedspread is the start of putting
my guest room back together. 
What you're seeing is the never ending 
"favorite artist" wall. It keeps growing and growing
and will soon be ceiling to floor. Love.
 Okey dokey, here's the "real" guest room.
This is the room in it's current condition
excluding the bed.
All of my thanks go to my sons and
everything I had to box up and move over.
 Such a pretty room.
 Wow. I hope he/they found what he/they were looking for.
 How nice, someone threw my lovelies into a box
for safe keeping.
Dark corners can be scary.
 And, here's the almost complete bed!
The euro pillows are having cases made for them
by Phyllis at her house.
I need new bed and sham pillows and
the bed will be finished.
 And a couple of quilts under the spread and
some serious ironing!



Before my mom got really sick, the three of us were gathered 
around the dining room table working on one of Phyllis' projects.
I got up for some reason and mom got paper and a pen
from Phyllis and wrote this note.

The note asked Phyllis to make sure that I got
the sewing machine that I wanted for Christmas.
She knew. I think she knew that she wouldn't 
be able to take care of that because she'd
be too sick.
There was a window of time that mom went through
where she knew what was going on.
She knew that she was losing it and that it was
only going to get worse.
We had talked about it and I had cried about
it after I listened to her and reassured her that
she was safe. 
She was so scared of the future.
It was moments like that one that still break my heart.
I'm so glad, so very happy, to have the note that
she wrote to Phyllis, but it makes me cry out for her
at the same time.

I want my mom. I miss her so much.



If you're counting, then you
realize that this is my 
third blog post in one week.
I'm trying to make up for lost time.
I am so sorry that I didn't write between
May of last year, until this month.
I'm going to be better - not a post a day -
but, better.

If you've read this post and you have time to
leave a comment, I would love that!

XOXO, Jan


10 comments:

Robin said...

That room is coming along so nicely and I'm so glad you have such a great friend who can sew practical things!! That note from your Mom is precious and I'm sure you will treasure it always, so sorry it makes you sad :(

Hugs,
Robin

alteredstatesstudio said...

hi Jan- so glad to see you back! i love your artist wall!!! i want to be a part of it.....the bedspread is simply lovely- such a blessing to have a gifted friend so willing to lend a hand. and the note- a treasure for sure.

decorator to the stars said...

JAN, SWEETIE I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK; SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOM, BUT SHE'S WITH MINE IN A WONDERFUL PLACE, PAIN FREE & STIRRING UP MISCHIEF :) MISS YOU & GLAD YOU'RE GETTING BACK ON YOUR FEET. LOVELY ROOM & I'M SURE YOUR MOMS SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS LET YOU KNOW SHE'S THERE :)

Bettyann said...

Thinking of you...wow alot of work happening in your guest room...what a lovely friend you have in Phyllis....please post pictures when the room is completed...take care...xxxxx

EvalinaMaria said...

You have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower! Have fun at the 'Grow Your Blog' party!

Evalina, This and that...

Veronica Roth said...

Hi Jan, hopped over from the GYB hop. Greatest sympathy about your mom; (I lost my dad.) Love the rosy look of the bed and love the round ruffle pillow. It looks very cheerful. :)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Hi Jan
I am so sorry to read about you losing your Mom. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. I miss my Dad every day (6 years now). Just know that she is always with you in spirit and your heart.
The little buttons on my web site are called social networking icons, buttons etc. I use Wordpress and my own domain so I did my own HTML coding. Since you are on blogger - just look for one of their apps that will allow you to install it. Hope this helps! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
Visiting from Vicki's GYB party. So sorry to read about your Mom. I lost mine 13 years ago in April and I still miss her. If you have a chance, drop by my blog
nonniescedarchest.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

A new virtual friend who wishes you all good things this year! So sorry about the loss of your Mom...life is so hard sometimes. I will follow you as you put your rooms and life back in good order! Take good care! E

Cynthia Patterson said...

I've just popped in via the "Grow Your Blog Party".. I love your vintage hats....what fun.

blessings,
Cynthia♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails