Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU PUT TOGETHER A BLANKET, FLARES, EXTRA WATER BOTTLES AND A CHARGED CELL PHONE???

What do you get when you put together a blanket, flares, extra water bottles and a charged cell phone?
Me.
Me and my really light weight convertible driving from south Texas *leaving today* to Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Snow storms, blizzards, really cold weather (lower than FORTY!!), black ice, truckers that really should have stopped hours ago for a nap on the interstate with me.....oh, my, that certainly doesn't sound right!
What I meant was that I'm on the interstate with truckers that should have stopped hours ago for a nap.
Not a nap with me.
Just a nap alone in their truck so that they don't fall asleep at the wheel and my car becomes their extra axle. (I think I know what an axle is so that crack should have worked...)
So, there you have it! I'm on my way to Michigan, laptop in hand so as to keep you up to date on all of the excitement on the way, while I'm there for FOUR *stinkin* weeks (another post), and the drive home.
Bringing mom back with me like I did last year. What a blast!! We do have fun!
So, until later, keep those prayers comin' for travel safety and I'll keep you abreast (still thinkin' about that trucker) of the adventures I happen upon on my way up north!
Loveyoumeanit.
You're the best!!
(oh, and not to worry, I'm takin' the giveaway with me:) It's all packaged up and ready to go out to the "winn'ah"!)
Hey, I'm taking all of my precious (leaving the stupid ones home) Valentines with me that are listed in my Lollishop.
Go order something.
I may need the money to pay the tow truck to pull my little lightweight convertible out from under than sleepy trucker!
.
Blessing to you all,
.
XOXO,

.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Safe travels! ~Mindy

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

You have a safe trip and have fun with your mom! Although I don't know why you can't swing around a little and get me out of this sub-zero cold. THIS could be your calling... in the winter. Driving around rescuing all of us in the shivering tundras and bringing us (barring any of your naps with the truck drivers)safely to the warmth of your Texas.
If I could move my kids and grands with me I'd be your very, next door neighbor.
Love you as always,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I live in Michigan, in Fruitport, maybe hour an a half 2 hours from Kzoo. I just discovered your blog and I love it. I just asked Jesus to watch out for you and your little car. Please drive carefully, I just let the idiots go around me. Your crack about "less than forty (degrees)" made me smile - we have arctic breezes coming that are even cold for us!! Below - dare I say it - ZERO!! Tee-hee-hee!

Tracy said...

Just browsing blogs and wanted to say I do hope you have a very safe trip!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

YOu know a candle can keep you from freezing to death in a car if you get stuck in a snowbank??? Prayers for you..and God Speed!

elmaelsiena said...

Hi there, I live in Kalamazoo,MI and we are having bad weather. Be careful on the roads and have a safe trip!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails