Thursday, October 8, 2009

DON'T BLAME ME!

Maybe you remember earlier this year that I blogged about driving through Missouri.
That post was about driving through on the interstate.
This post is about driving through Missouri yesterday, but on the back roads.
The fact that I'm writing this post while amazingly tired is the same as last time, only the roads have changed.....

Missouri - now, don't get me wrong, I know that other states have the same type of towns and just because I happened to be driving through Missouri both times that I post about the oddness of a state and it happens to be Missouri, well, it's just coincidence.....

I saw three towns while driving the beautiful, very curvy, very dangerous backroads of Missouri yesterday..............

Climax.
Licky.
and Bourbon.

What is going on?
Who are these people that name these towns???
Not my relatives.
Oh, please, not my relatives.

As I drove I kept my eyes peeled for even better town names...............
I kept looking for Panties.
Can'a Whoop Ass
and Bite Me.

Never have I been so disappointed.

13 comments:

the wild raspberry said...

you've just hit the tip of the iceberg ,my friend
;)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Gosh Jan, I guess you must have blinked when you drove thru Purdy, Defiance,and Conception! Ha Ha. Aren't you sorry you missed those? LOL!
Your favorite Missouri Sista,
Debra

summersundays-jw said...

How about Climax Springs, Dogtown, Tintown & Clever!!! From another good friend in Mo. Jan

Sweetina said...

Once again I have tears rollin down
my cheeks with laughter! Such a great post!
Imma go get me a map and have a good giggle tonight!
Love ya Sweets!
Tina

Unknown said...

Oh, have mercy!!! Best not to even ASK....
Thanks for the reminder of MO-we made our way through that state(along with way too many others) on the bike race....all I remember is rain.
Lynn

Unknown said...

You made me laugh! So funny. Sorry still haven't replied to your email. I will! I have some lurgy this week, only just resurfacing! suzie. xxx

Art by Darla Kay said...

No lie, in a MN newspaper the headline read: 'Fertile woman dies in Climax'
Yes, two small towns near each other in Minnesota!

It's crazy I tell ya!
Have a good weekend!
Darla

nancy lee said...

This is all way too, I said WAY TOO funny, especially the last comment from Darla. Jan, you may have been gone from Michigan too long to remember but just a few short miles from Kalamazoo, there is a Climax as well. I am sure Michigan is not the only state to have a town called Hell and so of course in our wonderful Michigan winters, Hell really does freeze over.

Love your blogs!

Nancy

summersundays-jw said...

My email is wellsjm70@sbcglobal.net. So sorry to have to tell you but they closed the Precious Moments museum. Now all those collectors have no place to gather. Jan

Cindy said...

ohmygosh...LOL....LOL

-c
yapping cat

jeanne said...

Hi Jan, your post is very amusing and I really had a good laugh. My aunt once made a list of every crazy named town as they drove cross country. She read them at a family party and had us in stitches. It could be a fun study huh?

I am guessing you are worn out and home safe now. I hope so. Not worn out...safe.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Jeanne

deb christensen said...

oh, i have missed your funnies while i've been away! i just had a great time catching up on your blog. what an awesome pair of shiners! i'm awfully sad to read about your friend tina, and that i missed the tagging, but will be thinking of her. i'm a bit jealous of those catchy town names, around here averything is named after either local fish or mammals, or unpronouncable russian explorers...

Mija said...

hee hee Too funny! In Oregon we have towns named Nimrod, Boring and Drain. Growing up in California, I'd never heard such hokey names before. I don't know how someone can say they live in Licky with a straight face?!? I can't stop giggling and I haven't even said it out loud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails