Thursday, February 25, 2010

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS AND DON'T MESS WITH MY......

I would like to dedicate this post to my cousin, Suzanne.
She has this sweet demeanor, is a lot fun to be around kind of cousin we all wish we had.
That's what she wants you to think...

*The following story is graphic and may not be suitable for all readers.*

Suzanne came down from Dallas last week; I told you about that in a previous post. And, I remember singing her praises in that post because she is someone I don't see very often but love it when I do because we always have so much fun.

That was before I found "the surprises" she left me when she went back to Dallas on Friday.
You probably noticed that I didn't say "the presents".......one would think that she would have left presents for me since my HALF BIRTHDAY is MARCH 1st and that's just around the corner.

Mom and I returned home from the airport and went about our afternoon. That night the Tank took us to this dive in Center Point for supper. Therefore, no reason to go into the kitchen, into the fridge.

It's a blur right now, specific days and what happened when is all a blur as I write this, but the story can still be told.....It wasn't until I went into the kitchen to get my medicine out of the fridge that it all started *like a horror movie*.

I went to the icebox and THIS is what greeted me.....
And I'm not talking about the asparagus. Unfortunately at this point I thought the cleaning ladies had put it in there; never did it cross my mind that Suzanne would have done it. It was kind of funny, but not so much. Just a, "Hey, mom, look at this."
And when the cleaning ladies came today it was obvious when I brought up 'the heads' that they didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. "Darn!" That's when I had to give it some real thought....thinkin'.....thinkin'.....thinkin'.....

Next stop a day or so later was the glass cabinet and I find.....
Now I'm startin' to think that I'm really losin' it.
I ACCUSE my 82 year old mother (don't let her age fool ya).
Then I ACCUSED the Tank. He looked at me with this blank stare. *Always a sure sign that he either A.) Didn't hear me or B.) Doesn't have a clue.
So, since they both denied messin' with the heads I thought to myself, "Maybe I did it.". Oh, surely not.

That's when it hit me....Suzanne was the only other person that's been in our house since last Friday. So, by the process of elimination, I determined that it was Suzanne, in the kitchen, with the baby heads.

And, yesterday when mom walked into my studio with the rolling pin is when I laughed out loud and KNEW I had to blog about this mystery!
HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS???
Frank would say it's because I don't spend enough time in the kitchen.

Have a fabulous day and know that you're loved!!
xoxo,
.....Jan

P.S. I LOVE my icky baby heads and I collect them. Whole bodies, heads, I'm not picky. I'm decorating our workroom (ie. laundry room) in the Icky Baby Head theme. Cool.

18 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

They're not icky, they're awesome.
Icky baby heads need love too, never forget.

;-)

Anne

alteredstatesstudio said...

OMG!! i have had way too many kids to have unexpected laughs!!! that is so darn tootin' funny!! i'm loving the "icky" baby heads!

Unknown said...

Please tell me it isn't so. I cannot STAND dolls or doll heads. Or arms. Or their weird eyes. yeesh.
I'm trying to be open minded. Really i am.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! too funny! Suzie. xxx

LiLi M. said...

Hahaha, your cousin has a great sense of humour!
Happy birthday on Monday! Time flies!

donna!ee said...

how fabulous to have someone love you & surprise you like this...you are truly blessed! ;)

Debby said...

LOL....Gotta love your cousin. I like the icky baby head.. great post.
Debby

beautifullybrokenme said...

So very funny - I've gotta meet this cousin of yours! I have to admit, the baby heads freak me out a bit...

:-) Molly

Unknown said...

Sooo funny, maybe not to you since it sounds like you love your heads. I have them all over the place too and my costumers don't get it, that is 90 % of them. Actually they don't get many things, like our fixation with rust and peely stuff, my wasp nests collection, me going around with my clippers cutting weeds to decorate, my tumbleweed over the bed and the list go on and on. I have follow and read your post, you definitely get it. Keep loving the stuff, we should get paid for this since we are saving the enviroment. Blessings, Marta.

deb christensen said...

oh jeekers, what a great cousin! what a great mystery! what a great bunch of icky doll heads!!! i thought i was doing good finding an icky doll ear on the beach - you get triple points for the whole head!!!

Julie Ann said...

LMAO!!!!! Way to go Suzanne!!!! LOL LOL! :) I could have *sworn* that you said your mom left one in the fridge in the last post...... LOL!!!

Kathy said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I see "strange" runs in the family! Gotta love ya, Jan. Now if that were my house, I would totally believe I had done it myself. Odd things end up in some pretty crazy places. I think it must be a sign of great intelligence!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

How funny! I love baby doll heads. I only have one, but a whole collection would be really fun!
Michelle

Rhondamum said...

That is hilarious! Love it! After watching the show Destination Truth when they visited a "haunted doll island" I would be a little creeped out but I love those doll heads too!

Unknown said...

You are so seriously funny!!! I'm ROTFLOL at both you and your cousin Suzanne. I like her name by the way. hee-hee! It would terrify me to see that at night but it's very funny.

When I was a little girl, I had to put all my dolls away at night so I couldn't see them. Spooky!

Hugs....Tracy :)

kecia deveney said...

suzanne sounds like my kind of girl! we do that around the house with white elephant type of things that i find obnoxious. i'll hide them in dillon's bed, under jeff's pillow, etc.

ann at greenoak said...

thanks for the laugh..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails