Saturday, March 13, 2010

IS IT ANY WONDER THAT I COUNT Y'ALL AS FRIENDS??

Is it any wonder that I count y'all as friends?
Is it any wonder that some of my closest friends are women that I've never met face to face?
Is it any wonder that I count several of my blog friends as "BFF's"?
No, it's no wonder.

A lot of you have been with me for several years as I've blogged about everything from my art, the things that I think are funny, and my medical adventures *though I admit that I haven't been as open with those as I have with other things* because. . . . .
I have always felt that if I was too open with y'all that I would be setting myself up for your distain, that you may feel like my blog isn't the place for me to tell the world (yeah, the whole world reads my blog - I have a lot of lurkers) about my boo-boo's;  you all have your own problems, you don't want to read about mine.


And, worst of all, I was a bit concerned that you might think I was complaining. I try so hard not to complain that it would kill me to have someone think *or worse, "comment"* that I was complaining. But, slowly I have started sharing my many medical adventures, though I will admit that I don't share them all, and so far no one has said anything negative.
And, the pictures you're looking at are representative *to me* of the friendships that I have made with other like minded artists through my blogging.
I happened to receive all of these treasures from my good friend, Deb Christensen of Dye-ing to be Yours, and when she read that I was having pretty serious surgery last week, she put together a box of well wishes to make me smile! She is someone that I met through blogging and I simply adore her. See what I mean??

I had foot surgery last week and spent three delight (Vicadin) filled days in the hospital, coming home on Friday afternoon; and I understand the fun is just beginning.

Deb's gift represents all of the kind words, cards, phone calls (my precious friend, Julie of Kitchen Floor Creations actually called me from New York. Shut up!) and one of my closest friends, Anne of Fiona and Twig, has called several times and has posted updates on my condition on her own blog.

And the one thing that touches my heart more than anything else?
All of the prayers that have been lifted up on my behalf by many of you. (And don't stop praying, heck, don't stop sending presents, just because the surgery is over - there's lots more to this medical adventure.)

(If you don't know exactly what I'm referring to, scroll back a couple of posts and read IT SUCKS TO BE ME.)

All of you are so very precious to me. I hope I've been able to convey that; my words seem inadequate to me somehow. 

Anyway, I love you and I cherish the friendships that I have made through blogging. (And lurkers, I love you, too.....pssst...Julie used to lurk...)

xoxo, Jan
.....love the Lord with all your heart.....

11 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

That is just wonderful! How super thoughtful and just plain FUN!

I can't wait to see you again next week, and to share some of your Vicodin! (kidding!)

Love and prayers,
your rotten friend Anne
(yes I am, I'm rotten! I haven't given you NUTHIN' yet!) ;-)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Jan, never feel bad about saying what's on your heart, or as we like to say "spilling your guts". Hopefully, blogging is about who we are as real people, not just always showing pretty pictures.(although pretty pictures are nice) Hope you're feeling better and weening off the vicodin.ha ha (?)
I'm sending hugs and love, hope you're feeling better soon!
love,
Debra

Diva Kreszl said...

so happy to hear you are 'Feeling the Love' !!!

Julie Ann said...

Joe Football is just *perfect* for your girls!! I hope they gave you some Vicodins to take home *giggle* Don't eat them all at once! :) *Hugs*

Debby said...

LOL....I am cracking up at Joe Football, he will fit right in. Hope your are feeling much better today and I am thinking of you.
Hugs,
dEbby

Texas Junque Slinger said...

So sorry to hear about your misadventure.... I hope that you will heal quickly and be out junk'n soon....

Take care of yourself....

Unknown said...

Jan, for how long did the doctor say you have to stay put? What are you going to do for the "fix"? I can only imagine you with a really bad case of cabin fever. I realize nothing is better than junking to get better, case in point my knee after the fall. Jan, almost 3 weeks later it still hurts like you know what. Well , last Wednesday I went to this sale in the middle of nowhere, just dirt and gravel and nothing good for somebody with a bad knee. When we got out of the car I was limping, then I start to shop and...a miracle happen, I could not feel pain, nor I was limping, no hunger, no tiredness, just shopping bliss. The brain is really a powerful thing. Now seriously, my bubu is nowhere as serious as yours, but I insist, if you can rent a scooter, get out. Do not disclose this info to nobody, specially your doctor, or to your husband or to any individuals with common sense. This one is between you and me, from obsessive junker to injured junker. Blessings and prayers for a speedy recovery, Marta

PD I'm just joking...NOT

Unknown said...

I just met Deb-she is really sweet!!! The goodies she sent you are the best!! Well. The doll head. Need I say more?
Blessings to you!
Lynn

Auntie Joy said...

Jan,
So sorry to hear about your foot, what a PAIN!! Literally! It is amazing what great relationships are built through the web. I know what you mean about sharing the the ugly, but we all understand and sometimes it helps to know I'm not the only one with a less than perfect life.
Hang in there and keep taking your pills, no sense suffering needlessly!
JOY!

deb christensen said...

dear jan - it's never complaining, it's sharing. and thanks to gals like you who share with the rest of us the things that happen during the course of your days, it makes it a little easier for lurkers like me to accept the mud puddles in our paths.
as for sharing about all the estate sales & cool stuff i can't get to, well okay that sometimes leaves a bad taste in my mouth. i get over it.
but please don't make me laugh so hard i wet my pants anymore.
(okay too funny my word verification is PHELL ~ hahaha)

Unknown said...

Well we just love you to honey! I'm glad you home and recouping. And I'm also glad you share the good and the bad with us lest we think you a Saint. Hee-hee.

All Deb sent you was is so great. Doesn't it just feel wonderful to receive all that blog love in the mail or on line. I don't know what I'd do without you gals.

Hugs and blessings...Tracy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails