Tuesday, July 29, 2008

PROCRASTINATION - IT'S WHO I AM

Hi, y'all! I've missed you! I have been working so hard on different pieces to fill up my Etsy shop that I have hardly looked up this last week. Two weeks? I don't remember!

I wanted to show you a few of the things I've listed in my Etsy store. I have been having so much fun making vintage postcards just a wee bit "more" than they already are! And, I've made some regular tags - so cute!
I have become a huge advocate of gifting through the mail!
Email has become way too big in our lives - we seem to have forgotten snail mail!

That's why I've been working so hard on these tags and some new card designs - wouldn't you love to get a short sweet note on a darling tag or a precious card in the mail between the bills and flyers?
I have had such a good time but have come to realize that I've also been using the creating of these tags to put off some things that I don't want to do! LOL
I have 50 charms to make for a charm exchange for the Art and Soul retreat in October, kits to make to teach two classes at retreats the end of September, ATC's to make, hmmmm, oh, yes, groceries to buy to make meals................yuck. Why is it that Frank the Tank doesn't consider cold cereal, dinner??

I think I'll make a few more *cough*PROCRASTINATION tags. . . .

Some of you have probably already seen the Shoe Shrine below. I've put it in my Etsy store after taking it out for a while. Hurry up - somebody's going to slip in under you and grab it!
I have to tell you one more thing before I go to bed.
You can buy my ATC's, cards and tags in my Etsy shop and I don't charge you postage. That's my gift to you (especially since postage has gone up yet again!).
However, and I say this with a smile on my face while shaking my head, some of my tags are like a dollar, a dollar and a half, and some customers order one tag.
When I do the math I realize that I'm losing money on my tags! What a hoot! When you count the cost of materials for the tags, envelopes, plastic sleeves, the treats I put in with your order, the bubble mailer (bought in bulk), postage (never under a dollar),presentation and my time - cracks me up. Who orders ONE tag?

(Am I the only one that orders tags and cards in bulk? The only one that has a "card" cigar box full of tags and cards I love so I'm always ready for everyone's needs? LOL)

But, let me tell you (back to the one tag customer). It's okay. My art is my ministry and if a customer just wants a single tag and that tag blesses her, praise God. And she'll get the same treats, presentation and attention to detail as the customer that spends $100.00.
God gave me my gift of art and I am simply thrilled to be able to use that gift to bless others.

I love my customers! Precious women; precious, sweet women.

Hmmmmm, I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

Oh, sweet friends, just remember this one wee little thing as you shop at the Polka Dot Barn on Etsy.............
We have two boys in college.

XOXO,

1 comment:

PattiV said...

Cute tags Jan!that's what I've been working on too!!! Glad to see your on Lollishops too!!! I'm working on the flat whimsy....dear...at least it's on my mind...hehehe...
huge hugs
Patti V

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails