Saturday, June 2, 2007

FROM CHICAGO TO CENTER POINT.....




The distance from Chicago, Illinois, to Center Point, Texas, can not only be measured in miles but in cultures! Oh, my.....it was a cultural shock arriving in Chicago after living in Center Point for the last 22 years and it was DEFINATELY a cultural shock coming home! LOL
But, oh, I'm glad to be home...........it's always so much fun taking a trip, but seems like sheer heaven coming home again...............However, I could EASILY live in a downtown Chicago condo or in Lincoln Park; I just can't mention that fact to my Texas born and bred, family ranch owning and working
husband.
Never.
Anyhoo, I'm home but before I get back into the swing of things I must tell you about the two highlights of our trip................first being the Architectural Boat Tour of the buildings and second................but really FIRST.................WE GOT TICKETS TO WICKED. Oh, yeah, baby....we saw Wicked and we sat in the center of the orchestra seating and all for $85.00 a ticket......oh, yeah.
How do you do that???
You drop by the theatre on the afternoon of the day you want to go and buy tickets that haven't sold:) A filled cheap expensive seat is better than an empty expensive seat.
It was fabulous. OMG. I would see it a dozen more times if I could.
The costumes! The set designs! The singing, acting, building....blah, blah, blah.

And after all of that excitement we headed home. The flight home was uneventful and I'm still trying to recup from all of the excitement!

Now I have two weeks before we leave as a family to go up north for my mom's 80th birthday and for more travel. I have sooo much I need and want to accomplish so I best get busy doing something!

Enjoy the pictures:) You've got street artists, an old drawbridge building in front of a newer highrise and you've got the inside of the Oriental Theatre where we saw Wicked.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails