Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WE'VE GOT BIRD'S NESTS IN A WEE BITTY TEA CUP AND BIG OL' MATCHBOXES!

This first picture is of a sweet little bird's nest in a precious wee tea cup. I have been having so much fun making bird's nests that I'm looking in places I haven't looked in in like forever to find things that a bird would like to call home! I bought this tea cup in Michigan last summer just knowing that I would be able to use it for something - it was so cute and tiny! The view you're seeing here is looking down on it - the other views of the tea cup can be seen in my Etsy store and will give you a better idea of how if you were a bird, you'd want to live here! LOL

Miss Precious here is decorating the front of a large matchbox which is housing a bird's nest, a newly born chick, the actual egg that she escaped from during birth and two more eggs that will likely hatch in the next couple of days. (And I'm sure you recognized that Miss Precious is from the Paper Whimsy collage sheet collection that is my drug of choice. I need some help kicking this habit!!)
I painted the inside of the matchboxes (there are four total:) so that if you want to remove the nest *and perhaps perch it safely in a tree* and use the box for another reason, you'll have cute, cute, cute polka dots for your background.
See???? I told you the egg from which the chick was birthed was in the box! What a special little addition - you might want to hurry on over to my Etsy shop and snatch up one, oh, heck, all of the matchbox nests before someone else does!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post - I love that you do! And if you take just a moment to leave a comment then I'll feel really popular and oh, that's such an amazing feeling! LOL

xoxo,

Jan

.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

So very sweet and adorable!

c

SweetAnnee said...

WAY WAY too cute!
you make the sweetest things
and I see you LOVE Paper Whimsy

hugs to you my friend..dEena

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails