Sunday, February 17, 2008

WOOHOO - I'VE CREATED AND IT FEELS FABULOUS!!

I'm creating!! Woohoo! I'm so excited to show all of you, my special friends, my newest creation! I've set it on an old quilt to take the pictures *just so you know the quilt is simply a prop*!This bird nest was so much fun to make! I started with a velvet rose that I bought in a shop in Llano, Texas, a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I bought several of them with the idea to use three or so of them in a large vase in my living room after I embellished them.
So, I was working with them and thought, gosh, they're so big and flat I wonder how else they could be used?
With my newly acquired love for everything "bird and nest" I immediately thought of a bird's nest! I am so pleased with the way this turned out that I was sorely tempted to keep it and put it in my hall bathroom which I am decorating in a "nature" theme!
But, alas, I was strong and have listed it in my Etsy shop, so you'll want to rush right over there and help me put these three boys of mine through college!
It was so much fun to add vintage laces, pearl garland, lots of glitter on my feathered bird, and cheese cloth to compliment the beautiful red velvet rose! And, of course, I couldn't resist altering the rose a bit with stamping, bronze glitter and antique lace!
I hope y'all have enjoyed sharing in my first creation since, well, you know! I am so glad to "be back"! I have missed all of this!

xoxo,
Jan

.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

very pretty..absolutely love them!!!

hugz

kecia deveney said...

jan, i love it! it is so pretty.

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

yea! Glad to see ya back in the saddle!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

My, my, you have been through a lot! It must feel great to be better and be working again! Good luck with your pretty nests. I love the idea of rose nests, yours are lovely.

SweetAnnee said...

GET OUT..
LOVE it GIRL

wooohhhoooo
deena

Sarah said...

What a great idea! I'm into "nest" right now to. It must the the excitement of spring around the corner!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Heidi said...

Miss Jan your Miss Glitter Bird is delightful!!! So sweet!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

She's adorable and so elegant!!! I've been enjoying my birds, too. Spring is just around the corner.

Hugs, Teresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails