Monday, March 24, 2008

THE GREAT BACKROADS ADVENTURE, POST #5 - WE'RE GOING TO INDIANA TODAY!

Well, it's Monday morning and all my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.
Oh, wait - that's a song.
.....It's no wonder that I was doing everything I could to keep my mind off of the fact that I was fixin to say good-bye to my mom.
We had just spent several weeks together at the ranch and had become really good friends. She's no longer just my mother, she's my friend and I didn't want to tell her good-bye.
I didn't want to tell little Sophie goodbye either!
But I did tell them good-bye
and then I cried, oh, all right, it was more like sobbing, all the way to Schoolcraft, a good 15 minutes away. I'm sure the proprietor of the antique store wondered who had died when she saw my eyes! LOL
But I'm getting ahead of myself - before I left I stepped outside the back door to take a picture of the beautiful view mom has of the snow covered woods behind her. That's the picture below.
Too funny - when I went outside to take a picture of the snow I was witness to the path that Sophie had made over the winter for her to run around and look for a place to "do her duty"! For some reason it cracked me up!
A SNOW FENCE! Oh, my gosh, what memories it brought back! For those of you that don't know what this is, it's a simple temporary fence that you put up to help keep snow from drifting. I remember these from growing up in Kalamazoo!
A wonderful long white barn in a field of snow as I was leaving Kalamazoo. I had to stop *in the middle of the road - no traffic* to snap it!
My favorite antique store in Schoolcraft, Michigan, just south of Kalamazoo.
The basement of the antique store. The whole place was packed with stuff but I only managed to spend $3.00! Where's all of the vintage wallpaper of the world hiding???
I drove through Shipshawanee, Indiana, on the way to my sister's house in Angola, Indiana, and stopped long enough to snap this picture of an Amish horse and buggy. It's real important to be careful to only take photos without interferring on the Amish people's privacy. They don't like to have their picture taken by the "English".
The best Antique Mall in Angola - I love it!
This basement is one level of FOUR of this huge antique mall. I found some great rhinestone jewelry and some other stuff - I'll take pictures after tomorrow's outing and show you everything:)
Tomorrow we're going to drive over the border into Ohio and hit a couple of towns that Joan (my sister:) knows about - should have some good junking. And she's the type that I think I can talk into helping me dive into a dumpster if I see a good one - "YES!!"

xoxo, Jan




3 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Glad you are having a great time!! 3bux?? are you kidding~ hope you find more goodies! be safe!!

Unknown said...

Just catching up on your journey, Jan! I love reading this - and you take such cool photos!! ESPECIALLY the toilet on the back of that truck -- hahaha!

Unknown said...

What a great newsy blog - loved reading it, and the pics are fab - looking forward to seeing the pics from the antique mall xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails