Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
DAY 22 OF MY MANY BLESSINGS!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!
I sincerely hope you spent the day with people that you love while remembering those that have no one; that you had a feast for supper yet remembered those who didn't have enough to eat yet again today; and that you realize how much God loves you even when you are unable to love yourself....

I had a fabulous day spent with my family and my best friend, Annette, and her family.
We were so blessed to all be together today! I just want to show you a couple of pictures that really represent our day.....and of course, they're all about FOOD.
We're such pigs!

Here's Frank the Tank taking care of his dessert.....
Annette made him his favorite pie for Thanksgiving - lemon meringue, and he was in his own little world as he enjoyed it!
But, as good as Annette's pie was, I'm sorry, NOTHING is better than my cornbread dressing!
It was so good that I made the suggestion that someone should invent a sucker that tastes like my dressing so that we could enjoy the flavor longer than our tummy is big!
(The idea was not well received - they're all just jealous)

When I asked Annette's son, Josh, what kind of pie he wanted he said, "all of them", so that's what he got! We took a picture first to show how yummy "all of them" looked - we call it "The Sampler"......what a good idea!
My day has been blessed with food, family, friends..............my boys are all home, Frank the Tank, his brother, John, I got to spend this special day with my best friend and her family........

I'M ONE BLESSED GIRL AND I KNOW IT.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Jan


3 comments:

Mary said...

Jan,

I'm so glad you had such a good time with your family and your friend. I found my way her via Deena at Pretty and Pink and I'm glad I did.

Now to explore the rest of your blog.
Blessings,
Mary

Altered Kat said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving...hope it was grand...everything looked yummy!
Kat :o)

Sandra at 7th St. Studio said...

Your day sounds great! and by the way can you pass me a "sampler plate" I could have it for breakfast with my coffee!! and maybe a little of that stuffing! I agree that is the best part of the meal! I was reminded how good my mother in laws dressing is and she even shared her recipe with me. Loved seeing Frank the tank, now I can put a face with the name!-Sandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails