Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NOVEMBER 6TH IS ONE OF MY
MOST BLESSED DAYS!!

This is day 6 of the "Month of Blessings" and it must be dedicated to our eldest child, Craig, because it is his birthday!
Above is my favorite picture......Blake and Craig at Christmas time in the guest house at the ranch....proof positive that Craig adored his younger brother....(and that Blake was worthy of that love! Look at those faces!!)
Craig at the ranch this summer (above) and playing rugby for Angelo State University (below).
So...
Craig Merrit Thomason is our oldest child. He was born on November 6th, 22 years ago...

"Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet boy. "

Are you rolling your eyes, Craig, because I referred to you as my "sweet BOY"??
Well, don't.
It's not necessary.
Let me explain why....

You are my first born.
And when you were born you were my sweet, sweet boy.

Then you began to grow up....
You started Kindergarden and you were my sweet, sweet boy.

Then you played YMCA basketball, Little League baseball, and you were your daddy's helper.
You were also my sweet, sweet boy.

When you were in 5th grade I remember being so proud of you because you stood still and tall for something YOU thought was right, something that you liked, no matter that everyone, including your friends, thought your hair parted down the middle looked goofy.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it did look goofy.
But you didn't care what anyone thought............you liked it and you stood firm.
And you were my sweet, sweet boy.

In junior high and high school you suffered through all of the things kids suffer through................
your parents at times were insufferable in your eyes, I'm sure.
There were some rough times, but you know what?
You were ALWAYS my sweet, sweet boy.


College was hard on me.
Letting you go and acting like it wasn't that big of a deal.................
but I think you knew how hard it was on me and that's why you remained
my sweet, sweet boy.

And now you're 22 years old.
An adult.
Oh, please, let me say, "young adult"!
And you are involved in a relationship, a sport, an education, a healthy way of living that I am so proud of - you are turning into the young adult that I have dreamed of and that God knew you would turn into...
and you're my sweet, sweet boy.

So, do you understand now that you will ALWAYS be my sweet, sweet boy???

I absolutely adore you, Craig.
I cherish our relationship - the ups and downs because they have only made our bond stronger in the long run and in the scheme of things, they haven't even been that big of a deal - I cherish our hugs, our time together, dinner with all of us at the dinner table laughing so hard that we can't swallow, watching you and your brothers become best friends, I so enjoy watching you and your daddy spend quality time together....

You are my life.
You are my sweet, sweet boy,

and I love you more,

mom

3 comments:

Shelly @ thePINKbarn said...

jan....how sweet is that??!! happy birthday craig!! :-)

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

awww..hugs to ya mom..they are always going to be your babies!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Craig! (What a nice looking son!) What a wonderful mother you've been to him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails