Saturday, November 10, 2007

MY BEDROOM...MY SANCTUARY...MY 10TH DAY OF BLESSINGS...

The bunny sitting on my bed is Marilyn. I've had her for several years and have loved her for many.....she's named after my Aunt Marilyn, a collector of bunnies, who died of ovarian cancer about 6 years ago. When I originally bought her, I did so just because I thought she was beautiful!
It wasn't until my Aunt Marilyn died that she was named.
It wasn't until she died that I started loving her and she became a part of my sanctuary.

Today I am thankful for my sanctuary - my bedroom.
There are some days that I walk down the long hallway to the master bedroom that I will start to grin on the inside, or I will hear, "thankyouthankyouthankyou" in my heart as I get closer, or I will think to myself, "Oh, goody, goody, goody, I'm going to shut the door, put on some p.j.'s, ew, ew, ew, get my Somerset Studio, my glass of ice water, see what I've Tivo'd....ahhhhhhhhh."
And, admittedly, there are some times that the hall seems really long...
In a house full of boys *we have three*, my bedroom is the one place I know I can be alone. The one place I know that I won't be disturbed. The one place where I can let my hair down (I know some of you are giggling), be alone if I choose to be, visit with Frank the Tank *DH*, pet my dog, put my feet up, read a magazine, catch up on blogs, watch something "educational" on T.V. (uh, hello, I'm learning how to operate on Grey's Anatomy), have a Pity Party.........
Our bed is a huge California king size that is set high off of the floor (even my feet hang when sitting on the edge!). I picked out the fabrics, had the bedding made to resemble vintage homestead and did the rest of the room around the look of the bed - I knew from the start of the project that I wanted my bedroom to feel like a sanctuary when I walked in - a place where I would instinctively sigh...................
I keep my lotions, my cell, and books of all kinds on my nightstand. Everything from inspirational to suspense - I usually have about four books going at one time for those nights where sleep eludes me.
At the foot of the bed is a sitting area with an armoire where we keep our T.V. and I keep the most current issues of Somerset Studio, Cloth, Paper and Scissors, books & zines of favorite artists...ahhhhh!
I hope you've enjoyed the tour of my sanctuary, my cocoon - a place that blesses me every single day.

5 comments:

Blaiz said...

I'm thankful to my art friends for blogging! Since I'm disabled, I don't get out a lot, and it really makes my day to read their thoughts and see their beautiful art work.

Heidi said...

What a nice place to retreat! You decorated it beautifully...I think if it were me I would never leave!

Angela Rae Barribeau said...

What a wonderful retreat space/bedroom! I'd take pics of mine... but, I don't just have 4 books by my bed, or the latest issues of PCS or SS?! Try, like, STACKS!!!

Now you need to comment on my blog! My counter keeps going up, but no one's commenting!!!

kecia deveney said...

i love your sanctuary - so pretty! i'm glad you have such a nice place to go and relax. love the bunny too, so sweet.

Shelly @ thePINKbarn said...

thanks for the tour of your bedroom! i feel like i visited your home this evening! :-) everything is beautiful and i love your telephone on your nightstand :-) you are probably getting snuggled in that big comfy bed by now or almost! i'm off to dreamland now, too.....nightie night jan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails